- Click Start, point to Run and type "dcpromo".
- The wizard windows will appear. Click Next.
- In the Operating System Compatibility window click Next.
- Choose Additional Domain Controller for an existing domain and click Next.
- In the Network Credentials window enter the username and password for a Domain Admin in the domain you're trying to join. also enter the full DNS domain name.
- Accept the Database and Log file location and click Next
- Accept the Sysvol folder location dialog box and click Next
- Enter the Restore Mode administrator's password.
|Summary and Active Directory Installation Wizard|
|Congratulations you're done, restart the new AD Controller.|